Friday, June 3, 2011

This week...

This week we have tried something new... since it is only our second week in I think this will happen often till we find exactly what works for our family. We decided to be a bit more laid back we looked at a swamp and had a short discussion about ecosystems. We read about animal and insect behavior and watched an ant bed for patterns. We watched two episodes on Planet Earth. We read a chunk of The Magicians Nephew by C. S. Lewis, and did math work sheets daily. They also did more personal reading this week than last. We reviewed last weeks history but did not add anything to it. I know we can't be quite so relaxed every week, nor will will be quite as structured as we were in week one. This week was a lot more peaceful and I feel they learned a lot so all in all even though I don't have a ton of paperwork (aside from daily math) to show for it, I feel it was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment