I think we are getting the hang of this thing, and the heat was so bad that we stayed inside a lot.
Monday
Gabe-
Did a half hour of math online. (Math)
Finished The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (Reading)
Did the research for a report on Turtles. (Science, Reading, Handwriting, Grammar)
Nicolai-
Read four books to his sister. (Reading)
Did a half hour of math online, and watched a math video. (Math)
Read personally in a few Second Grade level books. (Reading)
Katie-
Did a few pages in her workbook (letters.)
Enjoyed stories read to her by Nic and Gabe.
Flipped through several books.
Tuesday
Gabe
Wrote a rough draft of his report on turtles. (Reading, Science, Grammar, Handwriting)
Did an hour and half of math online. Plus a few videos on times tables. (Math)
Watched a show about the Hubble space telescope and images of space. (Science)
Nico
Painted a picture. (Art)
Read to Katie. (Reading)
Did a hour and a half of math online. Plus a few videos on times tables. (Math)
Watched a show about the Hubble space telescope and images of space. (Science)
Katie
Painted a picture. (Art.)
Did several work book pages. (pre-reading)
Enjoyed stories read by her brothers. (reading.)
Watched a show about the Hubble space telescope and images of space. (Science)
This was a busy day. We did not cover history but it is only the second day of the week so I am sure will will progress in that area as the week goes on. They are making such leaps and bounds in Math that if that is all they do for a few weeks I would be satisfied.
Also I am so proud of Gabe for his work on his research report. He took three pages of notes from the Encyclopedia, and online. He wrote the report in the format I requested and I was suprised at the hours he put into it, and the final outcome. It is not perfect, but tommorow he will do the final draft so it will be close. I am very proud of him because this is the first report he ever wrote and I have seen worse from students in my college classes. My plan is to ask him to turn in a report in MLA format (or as close as he can get in his handwriting) every two weeks on the topic of his own choice. I think that will meet handwriting/grammer requirments, allow him to study whatever topic he wants, and have something I can keep to show his work.
Monday
Gabe-
Did a half hour of math online. (Math)
Finished The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (Reading)
Did the research for a report on Turtles. (Science, Reading, Handwriting, Grammar)
Nicolai-
Read four books to his sister. (Reading)
Did a half hour of math online, and watched a math video. (Math)
Read personally in a few Second Grade level books. (Reading)
Katie-
Did a few pages in her workbook (letters.)
Enjoyed stories read to her by Nic and Gabe.
Flipped through several books.
Tuesday
Gabe
Wrote a rough draft of his report on turtles. (Reading, Science, Grammar, Handwriting)
Did an hour and half of math online. Plus a few videos on times tables. (Math)
Watched a show about the Hubble space telescope and images of space. (Science)
Nico
Painted a picture. (Art)
Read to Katie. (Reading)
Did a hour and a half of math online. Plus a few videos on times tables. (Math)
Watched a show about the Hubble space telescope and images of space. (Science)
Katie
Painted a picture. (Art.)
Did several work book pages. (pre-reading)
Enjoyed stories read by her brothers. (reading.)
Watched a show about the Hubble space telescope and images of space. (Science)
This was a busy day. We did not cover history but it is only the second day of the week so I am sure will will progress in that area as the week goes on. They are making such leaps and bounds in Math that if that is all they do for a few weeks I would be satisfied.
Also I am so proud of Gabe for his work on his research report. He took three pages of notes from the Encyclopedia, and online. He wrote the report in the format I requested and I was suprised at the hours he put into it, and the final outcome. It is not perfect, but tommorow he will do the final draft so it will be close. I am very proud of him because this is the first report he ever wrote and I have seen worse from students in my college classes. My plan is to ask him to turn in a report in MLA format (or as close as he can get in his handwriting) every two weeks on the topic of his own choice. I think that will meet handwriting/grammer requirments, allow him to study whatever topic he wants, and have something I can keep to show his work.
No comments:
Post a Comment