Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Outside all the time.

We have started using Kahn Academy for math. It has turned out to be immensely useful. I have started the boys out at basic addition for practice and I am letting them self pace their way up. The site is http://www.khanacademy.org/ and it is free. 

Today we mucked around in the mud, caught fish with our hands, studied ecosystems, focused on math (online), read Beezus and Ramona in order to watch the movie tomorrow, and went for a Looooong hot walk. For handwriting and bible study they are writing one bible verse a day. (Their choice) if I don't mention it in our days activities it is still done daily. Much of our time is spent outside; they are learning at a steady pace but not getting a ton of paper work done. I think the bulk of the paper work will be done in the winter when the weather does not draw us out for most of the day. Luckily it is summer and they would be out of school either way so no one is worried. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment