Wednesday-Friday
I planned on making Wednesday a one on one day for me and Gabe. Then Thursday for me and Nic. The other kids were meant to go with their Dad and have fun and the one on one teaching was to make sure we were all on track. However heavy rain Wednesday morning kept everyone in the house and the one on one day was canceled. After that we went to a nearby bee hive supply store and watched bees work through a Plexiglas hive. We wandered around an antique mall and spent the day as a family. On Thursday we got the kids one of those blue pools that go up fast and they played most of the day, we ended up just hanging out and the kids had yet another day off... Today we have been working on math on Khan academy, playing in the pool, learning our states. The kids cousin is over so I don't see much more school work getting done today. This week was fun I am glad we are schooling year round so when things deviate from my planned schedule I don't have to worry too much. Over the weekend I plan to do a lot of Geography and History to prepare them for the 4th of July, Which they will have off officially but I think we will discuss plenty of History facts in a way that they will hopefully retain it.
By the way, I asked the kids today (four days after the lesson) what is photosynthesis, and where does a plant get its energy and they answered correctly. Yay!
I planned on making Wednesday a one on one day for me and Gabe. Then Thursday for me and Nic. The other kids were meant to go with their Dad and have fun and the one on one teaching was to make sure we were all on track. However heavy rain Wednesday morning kept everyone in the house and the one on one day was canceled. After that we went to a nearby bee hive supply store and watched bees work through a Plexiglas hive. We wandered around an antique mall and spent the day as a family. On Thursday we got the kids one of those blue pools that go up fast and they played most of the day, we ended up just hanging out and the kids had yet another day off... Today we have been working on math on Khan academy, playing in the pool, learning our states. The kids cousin is over so I don't see much more school work getting done today. This week was fun I am glad we are schooling year round so when things deviate from my planned schedule I don't have to worry too much. Over the weekend I plan to do a lot of Geography and History to prepare them for the 4th of July, Which they will have off officially but I think we will discuss plenty of History facts in a way that they will hopefully retain it.
By the way, I asked the kids today (four days after the lesson) what is photosynthesis, and where does a plant get its energy and they answered correctly. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment