So today instead of trying to get the kids to listen while I tried to get them to fill up on knowledge, I asked them each to teach. Gabe taught a science lesson on seeds and how they are transferred from one place to another. (Chapter one lesson 4) Nic (after some Internet research) taught the lesson on the Tribes of Northwest Indians. And Katie used the number chart to count to a hundred with the boys and they all did their worksheets. Then we went to the library again. Gabe picked out "The Magicians Nephew" which is the first book in the Narnia Series and we are going to read it as a family for our lit. requirements. This worked better for us. I think I need to unschool myself in order to properly school my children. The main goal is to get them to enjoy learning and retain a good bit of it. Teaching is learning so maybe this technique will work...
Here's hoping...
Would LOVE to here other stories about your first few days of homeschooling and how things work for you now...
Here's hoping...
Would LOVE to here other stories about your first few days of homeschooling and how things work for you now...
No comments:
Post a Comment